3BLACKDOT (3BD) turns moments into movements. We are an entertainment studio at the unique intersection of Gaming & Culture. We partner with the most authentic and influential names in gaming who amass 6B+ hyper-engaged monthly viewers across the globe, and push the boundaries of modern entertainment by merging storytelling craft with gaming culture. A vertically integrated company, 3BD offers influencer marketing & sponsorships, media, branded IP, e-commerce, games IP, studio & book IP, as well as event production all under one roof in order to bring to life innovative cross-platform entertainment experiences for our talent, audience and brand partners.
In addition to its influencer and media success, 3BD has sold hundreds of thousands of merchandise units and more than 20M books, created cultural events attended by tens of thousands of gamers, musicians, artists and their fans, has been the creative force behind such box office hits as Queen & Slim, and published games celebrated by the gaming community. 3BD is headquartered in a 50,000 square foot state-of-the art office and adjacent studio in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles.
The Strategic Partnerships Business Development Lead’s main responsibility is to grow revenue from social + media platforms (Facebook, Google, Snap, TikTok, etc.), OTT platforms, as well as explore and actively pursue new revenue opportunities in order to support 3BD’s Business Development efforts.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Represent 3BD with partners and platform holders in the tech ecosystem such as Google, Amazon, Spotify, Twitch, Facebook, Tik Tok, YouTube, etc.
- Own the day-to-day relationships with 3BD’s platform and OTT channel partners. Maintain and deepen our partnerships and act as a representative for those partners internally.
- Together with the Head of Sales, identify and implement trendsetting ideas that thrive in the digital/social landscape. Devise the revenue and partnerships strategy in the content ecosystem, and be responsible for bringing them successfully to life.
- Under the Head of Sales supervision, screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and evaluate options and resolve internal priorities.
- Grow the pipeline for new business by generating opportunities. Generate new partnerships that are in line with 3BD overall brand & commercial strategy, grow revenue, negotiate deals and close deals.
- Navigate internal & external stakeholders to run the partnership discussions end to end; including identifying the right opportunities, framing win-win structures, negotiation and contractual closure.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of social + media platform offerings and how 3BD can compliment them; in order to effectively communicate value proposition to potential clients.
- Work cross-functionally (studio & production, marketing, talent) in order to support overall growth and success of partnerships. Share back feedback from partners to inform 3BD’s content partnerships roadmap
- Minimum 7+ years of Business Development in media & entertainment companies
- Existing book of business is required
- Must have robust knowledge in the content streaming space
- Current relevant knowledge and experience of today’s social media and streaming platforms such as Twitch, Facebook, Tik Tok, YouTube, and Instagram is required
- Expert ability to present to executives and manage projects with cross-functional teams